Thursday, July 31, 2014

Memory Verse #1 Isaiah 43:10

 I am excited and to start memorizing scripture!  It is something I have felt convicted about a lot lately.  I wrote a post about the importance of memorizing scriptures a few days ago 
You can find that post here

Every week I will post a new memory verse and  will give some information about why I have chosen it and some tips on helping you memorize scriptures. My oldest son and I do work on memory verses together. He has been working on Matthew 7:21. Here is his video...



Apparently he found something interesting on my phone! Silly boy! He is one cute and smart little man!! Anyways... back to memory verse #1!



This week God has really placed the bible verse Isaiah 43:10 on my heart. Evangelism is something that I have a strong passion for, and this verse is one I feel is extremely important for this reason. That being said... Isaiah 43:10 will be my first memory verse. 


Isaiah 43:10(ESV)

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
    “and my servant whom I have chosen,
that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
    nor shall there be any after me.

So since I am far from being a "pro" at memorizing verse I thought I would post some of the tips I have heard and read. I am going to put these into practice these week, and see how it goes.

Tip #1- Memory the verse in the version you normally read.
I normally read the ESV, so that will be the version I use when memorizing my verses.

Tip #2- Read, Read, Read and Read it again!
The more you read through your verse the better you will recall it. 

Tip #3 - Read through the Chapter your memory Verse is in.
This will help you better grasp the meaning of your verse, and the context it was written in.

Tip #4- Write it on a index card and/or a post It 
Write out your memory verse onto a index card or a post it note. The more you see your verse, they better off you will be. I am going to write my verse out onto a card, and a post it note. the card will go into my pocket, and the post it note will go on my mirror in my mirror. 

Tip #5- Make up a song!
Who doesn't get songs stuck in their head? I am not the most creative person, but this tip would definitely help me! 






No comments:

Post a Comment